Building on the success of EMPOWER, our award-winning Career Development Programme for Women, we are excited to launch THRIVE our new Positive Action Career Development Programme. The programme is designed to level the playing field enabling diverse talent to thrive in your organisation.
The three-month programme has been designed following internal and external focus group sessions, our thanks to the external representatives from: Atkins, Arcadis, Balfour Beatty he NHS CSO and Wates Group.
Month One: Confident Communication
The initial module examines the rationale for the programme alongside the overwhelming business case for diversity and inclusion. Delegates will deepen their understanding of unconscious bias, stereotype threat and the dynamics of diverse groups. A range of tools are introduced to support attendees when faced with potentially difficult conversations at work. This module equips delegates with the tools and confidence to move forward, articulate ambitions and achieve more positive outcomes.
- examine the rationale for the programme, including the business case for diversity and inclusion.
- understand different communication styles and the impact on professional image.
- develop an understanding of the impact that unconscious bias and stereotype threat can have on behaviours and decision making.
- know how to use verbal and body language to increase presence and confidence.
- learn new communication tools and techniques to increase positive outcomes.
Month Two: Authentic You
This module uses NLP techniques to understand and strengthen our own self-image and goes on to address the importance of image, visibility, and effective networking on career progression. Participants will gain the skills and confidence to showcase the talent, knowledge and achievements they have to offer their organisation, thereby giving their employers access to the widest possible talent pool.
- use NLP techniques to develop techniques to improve self-image; and generate more positive beliefs and behaviours.
- understand and gain feedback on the image presented at work.
- understand the importance of organisational visibility and improve networking, rapport-building and showcasing skills.
- leave the session with techniques to improve their professional visibility while retaining authenticity
Month Three: Future Focussed
In the final module, delegates analyse their current levels of commitment, capability and confidence in achieving their career goals. The workshop enables participants to take stock of their career to date; assess their current strengths and skills; set clear goals and consolidate tools from the first two modules to create a targeted action plan for career success.
- consolidate tools and techniques from the training to remove blockers.
- learn unique goal-setting methodology ® to identify career goals and maximize success.
- develop a deeper understanding of how to maintain and develop mental wellbeing and resilience
- enhance time-management and prioritisation skills to create time to work on career goals.
- leave the session with a more proactive and focussed attitude to their careers; a renewed view of career options and a targeted action plan.