Returning to work after maternity leave.
One of the biggest challenges faced by working parents across the UK today is achieving a healthy balance between the demands of work and an exciting and fulfilling personal life.
Whether you are returning after your first child or have been balancing work and family life for some time, the Skills4 online programme will deliver renewed confidence as well as practical tools and targeted interventions to help you focus on specific areas of your work and home life, enabling you to safe-guard your professional, personal and mental wellbeing.
- Employees who are currently on maternity, paternity or shared parental leave and preparing to return to work
- Employees who have returned to work within the last six months
Maternity Leave Returners Course Content
- Establish personal motivation for returning to work
- Deal effectively with guilt and other negative emotions
- Adjust to the demands of being a working parent
- Improve confidence and self-belief
- Review values, priorities and strengthen time management skills
- Learn new techniques to help you communicate boundaries and prepare for potentially difficult conversations
- Find the right work/life fit through detailed gap analysis
- Create effective support networks at work and at home
- Review the importance of organisational and professional visibility
- Review and identify meaningful career goals and next steps for success
This is a seven module, online course which should take approximately eight hours to complete (including self-study tasks and coaching)
After enrolling onto the course, you will receive online access, a course workbook and an online tutor and coach.
Your coach will support you through the materials and at the end of the course, you will have a one-to-one telephone coaching session to review learning and ensure you have the skills and confidence to take ownership of your successful return to work.