Top ten perks of being a working mum
As part of our Returners programme, we ask women what they most enjoy about being a working mum. Here are their top ten:
- 1. I get the opportunity to miss my kids and really look forward to getting home.
- 2. I get to be part of a great team at work.
- 3. I can eat a biscuit without having to hide it.
- 4. I have invested many years in getting my career to where it is now – it’s important to me that I am still able to continue that journey.
- 5. The additional income gives my family broader life-choices.
- 6. I can wear jewellery….and I don’t have a little line of vomit down the back of my top.
- 7. I now realise that the skills I have developed as a parent, have a positive impact at work too.
- 8. A large part of my self-esteem is linked to my work.
- 9. I am a positive role model to my children.
- 10. And most importantly……my work colleagues don’t follow me into the toilet.