Our award-winning Career Development Programme has been designed to help women further their careers.
Our award-winning Career Development Programme has been designed to help women further their careers. The programme is now in its eighth year and has already helped over 4,000 women advance professionally.
The programme is normally delivered over three months. However, we do offer flexible courses over 3, 4 or 5 days.
By the end of the final session:
- 97% of participants had a more proactive approach to career progression
- 88% had higher levels of self-confidence
- 58% had taken on more responsibility within their role and 18% had already taken on a new role
The programme comprises four workshops:
Day One: Confident Communication
This session examines the general communication differences between genders, and the impact these differences can have on both our daily interactions and the outcomes we achieve. The workshop also explores unconscious bias, so that participants broaden their understanding of the dynamics of diverse groups and communicate with greater rapport. Participants also look at techniques for creating and delivering powerful presentations. This is followed by the opportunity to prepare a presentation to present on Day Four of the programme.
- Understand the communication differences between men and women
- Understand unconscious bias and the impact this can have on behaviour
- Know how to use their body language to increase inner confidence
- Know how to create engaging and purposeful presentations
- Leave the session with new knowledge and techniques for achieving more productive and positive internal and external relationships
Day Two: Authentic You
This session explores the importance of image, visibility and effective networking on career progression. Participants will gain the skills and confidence to showcase their talent, knowledge and achievements that they have to offer their organisation, thereby giving their employers access to the widest possible talent pool.
- Analyse and review the image they currently present to others
- Take ownership of their professional image and reputation
- Learn ways to network more effectively and how to use professional networks to maximise business development opportunities
- Leave the session with techniques to improve their professional visibility while retaining authenticity
Day Three: Future – Focussed
This session gives participants the opportunity to consolidate learning from Day One (Confident Communication) through the delivery of a pre-prepared presentation.
Day Four: Presentation Delivery
In the initial session women analyse their current levels of commitment, capability and confidence in achieving career progression. The workshop enables participants to take stock of their career to date, assess their current strengths and achievements, and create a targeted action plan for career advancement. During this highly interactive workshop, each participant will identify an individual career goal which will provide a focal point for the remainder of the programme.
- Assess their current position and identify potential personal or external barriers to career progression
- Feel motivated and empowered to overcome external barriers
- Learn specific techniques to dissolve personal barriers
- Leave the session with a more proactive and focussed attitude to their careers, a renewed view of career options, and a targeted action plan
WISE Open Career Development Programme.
Hosted by Shell in London
- Day 1: Tuesday 22nd May
- Day 2: Tuesday 10th July
- Day 3: Wednesday 8th August
- Day 4: Thursday 9th August
Bookings being taken until Tuesday 25th April